Safety Officer's Forum
Safety Officer’s Forum
The Employment Department in collaboration with the Occupational Safety Board organised its second Safety Officer’s Forum on Friday 28th July 2023 at the Olympic House which was attended by Safety Officers/ Representatives from government, parastatal and private work organisations. This was another opportunity to share experiences and best practices.
During the half-day forum, presentations were delivered by personnel from work organisations and officers of the Employment Department on occupational health and safety practices, specifically;
- Accident reporting and Accident Investigation
- Safety and Health practices at Seychelles breweries
- Occupational Psychology and mental wellbeing
- Overview of Health and Safety Management at PUC
To note, topic son the agenda are set by the members of the forum themselves. t was the Safety Officers/ Representatives who proposed, during the last forum held in March 2023, that their peers share how occupational health and safety is being implemented in their work organisations.
Following the presentations, the Safety officers/ Representatives had plenary discussions whereby several concerns were clarified in relation to the topics and further point of reflection was brought forth including;
- the review of the Occupational Safety and Health Decree;
- safety culture in Seychelles;
- the place of Safety Officers/ Representative in work organisations;
- workplace inspections.
The next forum is planned for the last quarter of 2023.