Labour Monitoring & Compliance Section
Labour Monitoring and Compliance Section is to ensure compliance with the labour laws and Health and Safety Laws in Seychelles.
- Securing the enforcement of the legal provisions relating to conditions of work and the protection of workers while engaged in their work, such as provisions relating to hours, wages, safety, health and welfare, the employment of young persons, and other labour matters.
- Advising employers/workers on their rights and obligations concerning the most effective means of complying with the legal provisions;
- Bringing to the notice of the Competent Authority defects or abuses not specifically covered by existing legal provisions;
- Investigating complaints, and conciliating in disputes between employers and workers
- Ensuring safe working environment in Seychelles in collaboration with other social partners and stakeholders
According to the Occupational Safety and Health laws;
- Occupational accident should be reported to the Ministry within 48hrs to be investigated in order to prevent further occurrence of such incident.
- An employer is required to provide his/her employee with personnel protective equipment and trained him/her on how to use them.