Information and Technology Unit
The functions of this Unit include:
- Ensure proper management and maintenance on Information Technology infrastructure of the Department.
- Ensure the set up and maintenance of Local Area Network linking Divisions/Sections and Units.
- Ensure the development and the maintenance of the necessary software for all required information system.
- Liaise directly with the Department on Information Technology and Communication for Software compatibility and development in relation to Government’s computerization policy.
- Develop instructions and procedures manuals specifying methods of operations, data management (including back and safety procedures) and effective maintenance of work stations.
- Provide on job training for staff of the Department in effective utilization of information system and basic computer application such as software packages.