Welfare and Counselling Unit
The functions of this Unit include:
- Conduct induction sessions (to include anti-social behavior, local culture) with newly recruited Non-Seychellois workers.
- Conduct visits/ investigations to workplaces regularly to monitor the welfare of Non-Seychellois workers.
- Attend and report any issues on general welfare of Non-Seychellois workers including their working conditions.
- Report on non-compliance with laws and procedures to the Ministry and relevant authorities.
- Promote and raise awareness of good welfare practice with employers and relevant authorities.
- Act as negotiating officer between Non-Seychellois workers and their employers.
- Follow-up on issues raised by Non-Seychellois workers with relevant authorities until satisfactory solution.
- Follow-up on cultural, social and sporting programmes with organizations put in place for the benefit of Non-Seychellois workers.
- Liaise and coordinate with external agencies (NSC, Community Development etc...) to conceptualize and enhance quality of cultural, social and sporting activities.