Employment Services Section
The Employment Services Section’s main purpose is to supervise and coordinate the implementation of the National Employment Policy.
FUNCTIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SECTION
- Assist job seekers aged from 15 years above to secure employment (registration, referrals and monitoring)
- Ensure that local workers made redundant are referred and placed in employment.
- Prepare CV for job seekers
- Receive and process application for retention of service beyond minimum age.
- Receive and process application in respect of Private Employment Agencies
- Monitor closely the activities of Private Employment Agencies and other employment service providers to ensure compliance with agreement, existing code of conduct and legislation
- Compile and verify returns pertaining to registration of jobseekers, placement of jobseekers and vacancy adverts as submitted by Private Employment Agencies
- Provide advice relating to recruitment to employers and job counseling to jobseekers
- Organise Job Fairs
- Maintain partnership with relevant stakeholders on employment matters.
- Compile vacancy list