Employment Services Section
Employment Services is a Section within the Division of Employment Promotion and is committed to provide training to young, unskilled and inexperienced jobseekers with the aim to improve their employability.
The functions of Employment Services Section include:
- Overseeing the implementation of the approved employment training schemes according to relevant policies and legislation.
- Initiating, coordinating and implementing new employment training scheme and retraining programmes for unskilled jobseekers at large.
- Liaising with employing organizations and other stakeholders to negotiate training opportunities for job seekers.
- Carrying out periodic visits to hosting organization to ensure that participants on the Employment Training schemes are properly monitored.
- Conducting orientation sessions at school level on Skill Development opportunities.
The section currently ensures the smooth running of the Employment Training Schemes which was initiated by the Ministry of Labour and Human Resource Development.