Information and Communication Unit
The role of this Unit is to develop and oversee information and communication programmes for the Ministry and to ensure effective dissemination of information to members of the public.
The functions of this Unit include:
- Devising and implementing an effective communication plan that is in line with the Ministry’s policies and strategies.
- Coordinating press conferences, interviews and media coverage
- Preparing press releases to report on activities undertaken by the Ministry and media programmes to sensitize members of the public on issues related to labour and human resource development
- Working closely with all Heads of Sections for the development of internal and external sensitization materials
- Maintaining a close liaison with other Ministries and Organizations to ensure that information is disseminated in a timely manner
- Developing a good relationship with the media