Pre Vocational Scheme Unit
The Pre-vocational Unit is responsible to administer the Skills Development Programme (SDP).
SDP delivers employability skills to unskilled youth between 15-30 years through on the job training over a period ranging from 6 to 18 months depending on the career area chosen.
The programme aims to enable youth such as school dropouts, single parents, and individual who have not completed their studies at a professional centre to make a successful transition to employment.
The functions of this Unit include:
- Manage and coordinating the profiling, registration and placement of the Student on Pre-Vocational Programme to prepare for the world of work
- Registration of participants and employers on the scheme
- Profiling of the different group of participant
- Processing and placement of the participants
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme