Unemployment Relief Scheme Unit
Unemployment Relief Scheme was re-introduced to facilitate employment for the most vulnerable groups of society, with the aim of improving their quality of life in assisting them in securing a permanent employment.
The functions of this Unit include:
- Manage and coordinating the profiling, registration and placement of the vulnerable e.g. welfare recipient, ex-convict, drug addicts, people living with disability, single parents amongst others.
- Remove dependents on Welfare assistance.
- Increase Labour supply for the Labour Market.
- Registration of participants/jobseekers and employers on the scheme
- Profiling of the different group of participant
- Processing and placement of the participants
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme